Welcome to the YesICAN Community
Introduction, Etiquette, & Community Rules
We hope that you will use this Community to share in conversations, ask questions and get information about child abuse and domestic violence. We ask anyone who uses the YesICAN Community to review the information below and acknowledge that they understand and will follow its guidelines, etiquette and rules.
When posting information in the YesICAN Community, it is important to remember not to give out any personal information such as telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, instant messaging handles, home address, etc., until you first consider how much you know about the person you are giving this information to and whether you can trust that this individual will use the information you have given wisely. If you have just met, you don’t know enough about the person to be giving him/her any personal data. The discussion should be limited to topics on the YesICAN Community. In general the Internet is a wonderful source of information and support; however, it is important to always be vigilant with the safety of those who use it. Always use caution when giving out personal information to someone you have met in any chat room or message board. It is important to consider one's safety at all times.
Considering the real-time nature of the YesICAN Community, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this Community or any entity associated with this Community. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the YesICAN Community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law.
Although the YesICAN Community does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this Community reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever (at our sole discretion). You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this YesICAN Community and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
We at the YesICAN Community also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations and the like are inappropriate within the YesICAN Community.
- It is preferred that you identify yourself when posting a message
- No derogatory, inflammatory, or rude language will be allowed
- Participants agree to immediately notify YesICAN of any unauthorized use of your member number and password
- Please report any violations of the rules/etiquette guidelines to our Moderators via their posted e-mail address
- Please provide a topic in the subject line when posting each message
- Please periodically update your member profile to aid in keeping our database current (i.e., e-mail addresses, name changes, etc.)
- Please proofread your message before posting; Please watch for duplicating posts. Scroll through the posts before submitting a question, as it may very well have been answered already
- Please do not use all uppercase. It is considered "shouting."
Please read these rules: by posting messages in any part of our YesICAN community you agree to abide by our rules. Posting here is a privilege and not a right.
- Always use the same log-in name
- Remember, this is an open forum and therefore may be read by anyone who has access on the Internet, so be careful when posting
- Be nice - No arguing
- No swearing
- No pornography
- No solicitation
- No racial slurs
- No posting of personal information whether yours or someone else's
- No Libelous or defamatory statements
- We hold you to the basics of Netiquette
- You may not use an offensive or pornographic picture for your avatar or in your signature. Your signature may not contain swearing, offensive or suggestive words or phrases
- Any posts which are determined by the Moderators to be posted for the sole purpose of starting an argument or flamefest will be removed (in our sole discretion)
- No commercial posts. We are NOT a classified ad community. We do not allow posting items/services for sale;
The use of any advice posted on these boards are at your own risk
REMEMBER: This board is for the exchange of information NOT for the diagnoses or treatment of any kind. This must be left to a licensed professional
- We do not allow posts whose sole purpose is an advertisement for other forums, blogs, or communities;
- The posting of copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected material is strictly prohibited. Do not take pictures or graphics off of webpages and post them in our community, unless YOU are the owner of these copyrighted items;
- Please do NOT post the same message in every area or in multiple forums. To do so is spamming even if it’s a legitimate post. Pick one forum to post the message on.
- To report a problem please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Someone will get to the message as soon as they can. Please be patient, as we're not working 24/7;
- Please heed and listen to our Moderators. If they ask you to do or not do something, please listen to them. They have a hard enough job making the forums a safe and fun place for everyone and not listening to them makes their job that much harder. If you do not heed their advice, you may find your posts removed and yourself banned for a time from the forum at our sole discretion. If the whole forum gets in an uproar, the forum might be closed for a period of time; and
- If you have a question about something to do with the community please use the technical support section.
We are assuming that everyone who posts here is mature and knows how to act that way. If you don't, you will be reminded by at least one of the Moderators. If you do not heed the Moderators, you will be escorted out. Please don’t let it get that far.
Finally, we reserve the right to remove any post(s) we feel are in violation of our rules and guidelines (see above), that is off-topic or not at all related to the community content without prior notification (in our sole discretion). Repeated violations could cause the community to be wiped clean without warning.
Failure to comply by these posted guidelines and rules could cause you to lose the privilege of posting here.
Any opinions, advice, statements or other information expressed or made available by users of our YesICAN community and chat rooms are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not necessarily that of YesICAN and/or its owners. ICAN neither endorses nor guarantees the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any such information.
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER TO POST ON OUR COMMUNITY. You must have a legitimate email address.